In this interactive webinar, presenters will review important information about supports available to youth experiencing homelessness as they seek to attend college. Attendees can hope to gain a better understanding of:
- Fee waiver options for college entrance exam and college application fees
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) process for both accompanied and unaccompanied homeless youth, including the U.S. Department of Education’s early FAFSA submission timeframe and “prior-prior year tax information” practice
- Higher Education Act provisions pertaining to unaccompanied homeless youth and the FAFSA
- Options for seeking financial assistance beyond federal financial aid
- Options for undocumented youth wishing to attend college
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with presenters and fellow attendees through interactive polls and discussion periods.
Presenters: NCHE Staff
Register for this webinar.