Mini-Grant Funding is now AvailableApplications Due April 8th
NOTICE OF AVAILABLE MCKINNEY-VENTO FUNDING FOR LEAS & CHARTER SCHOOLS
Additional funding is available to school districts and charter school homeless education programs that currently are not receiving a McKinney-Vento subgrant. The Request for Proposals (RFP) provides the details on the process for applying, what is allowable, how awards will be made, and the timeframe for applying and receiving the mini-grant.
Total Award Amounts:
|Charter School (including lab, virtual and ISD schools)||$2,000.00|
|Local Education Agencies (LEAs)||$6,000.00|
Key Items to Know:
- There is no required number of identified homeless students needed to apply. If you have “0” students identified as homeless, you are eligible to apply for the mini-grant.
- The application will not be available in CCIP. A link to access and complete the application in Qualtrics is provided in the RFP, or you can access the application at https://uncg.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6A64NVtyoKJEThH.
- To complete the application, school districts and charter schools must also agree to the:
- Statement of Assurances for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth
- NC Debarment Certification
- See important note near bottom of application pertaining to “authorized signature(s)” on required documents.
- A PDF of the application can be downloaded for preview before completing.
- The mini-grant application is open from March 25, 2021, until April 8, 2021, at 11:59 PM. There will be no extensions granted.
If you have questions about specific activities and their allowability before submitting your application, please email the NC Homeless Education Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.